Summer is here and that means it is time to dust off that grill and start cooking! This is one of my husband’s favorite times to grill out and what a better way to kick it off than by making one of our favorite recipes! We were introduced to this recipe by a family friend and after that, it became a family favorite. We managed to make our own recipe that came very close to the original and it was just as delicious. I hope you give this one a try!
(We have 10 people under one roof, so we doubled up this recipe and still had leftovers.)
- 1 (3lb.) Flank Steak, sliced into thin pieces
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 1 (8oz.) can of lemon-lime soda
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 bag bamboo skewers
This is a really easy recipe, you can even make this the night before. Before starting, soak your skewers in warm water for a few hours so that they don’t burn on the grill.
- In a dish you can marinade in, combine: soy sauce, soda, garlic powder, black pepper, ginger, brown sugar, and salt.
- Cut steak into long, thin strips and place into marinade. It’s usually easy to cut if you have a sharp knife and your meat is somewhat still frozen. You can leave it overnight to let flavors soak in or if you plan to use it that day, leave it for about 4 hours.
- Skewer the strips of flank onto the skewers and save the leftover marinade for basting while the meat is grilling.
Fire up your grill and let the meat cook for about 5 minutes on one side and you can brush the remaining marinade on the meat, flip two more times until meat is fully cooked.
As soon as all the meat is cooked, we like to serve it immediately alongside homemade fried rice and whatever side dish we decide to make. You can also serve it with plain rice, or just eat it as is. I won’t judge!
If you follow me on Instagramemail@example.com, tag me in your creations! I’d love to see your take on this and any other recipe that you have tried!